Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  MBPikamon on 22nd September 2008, 2:40 pm

A role that has to roleclaim Day 1, in a game that is going to have lynchers.... Do you really think Zyrc would make it that easy for three quick wins?
avatar
MBPikamon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  CocoKiller on 22nd September 2008, 4:02 pm

I beleive Zyrc would do that, easy shit

lol anyways, I keep my vote

For my part I am actually not claiming Razz

but anyway

P.S thanks facebook I appreciate ur kindness ciompared to Zyrc need of perfection..

Razz
avatar
CocoKiller
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile http://Epicmafia.com fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  PublicEnemy on 22nd September 2008, 5:38 pm

If someone has a REALLY good reason why we should lynch, then fine. But surely we shouldn't just lynch because it's the "Forum"way? I know you could say, "But PE! Don't NL just because that's the EM way!" but a NL just seems more logical to me. What you guys are doing is employing a "Shoot first, ask questions later" method, and I'm not for it.
avatar
PublicEnemy

Number of posts : 21
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  ROGBULLmcAWESOME on 22nd September 2008, 5:53 pm

But, we have a ML! surely with those terms you understand our plight!
avatar
ROGBULLmcAWESOME

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  spindrift on 22nd September 2008, 5:54 pm

woah did we just lose like a page?

But PE.. In forum mafia since you don't know the roles in the set-up and unlike EM its never Mylo or lylo on the first day... (unless the set up is really broken). And its unlikely that there would be fool's considering it would be pretty unfair to lynch a fool when the town had no knowledge of its exsistence. The only reason a NL might be useful in this set-up is because there is probably lynchers.
avatar
spindrift

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  Kyraeu on 22nd September 2008, 6:50 pm

monkey5476 wrote:Unvote:Rog, Vote:Kyreau

Everyone read his posts...they're very scummy. He began to say one thing then completely changed his mind and went for a nl.

Yes, I fully realize that I changed my mind. And I won't run in circles trying to say I didn't just to "save face" or whatever.

Actually, I further changed my mind in posts that were lost. It went something like this:

If we NL now, when will we stop NLing? As soon as a power role comes out with a guilty? That won't work; we'll have lynchers faking left and right. Really, it just doesn't seem like a feasible option.

Yes, I've flipflopped. And that is one of the classic scumtells. But I'd rather do what I think makes sense than "stay the course" because changing your mind immediately puts you under suspicion. I naturally change my mind quite easily when I have new realizations.

I admit, monkey5476, that you do have a point. However, I'd say you're reaching a bit far to say I'm "very scummy".

On a completely unrelated note: Mod, what is your policy on lynchings? Do we need a majority (currently, 11)? What happens if a deadline occurs?

Also: PE, we're not exactly doing a "shoot first, ask questions later" sort of approach. We ask questions, shoot, then ask questions which give definite answers. That is, we discuss, pick someone who seems likely to be scum, and then let our PRs do their work at night. It's not so much a shotgun approach as it is an educated shotgun approach.
avatar
Kyraeu

Number of posts : 31
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  Kyraeu on 22nd September 2008, 6:58 pm

EBWOP:

Having read through monkey's posts (total of two), it seems he only briefly lays suspicion on people, then votes them. (Actually, the other order, but same thing.) Care to expound your thoughts upon lynching/NL?

Also, mbpikamon seems to be posting a lot without saying much. Most of his posts are one-liners (or few-liners), some merely pose questions. Your thoughts on your own questions, mb? Lurking in plain sight?

FoS: monkey5476, mbpikamon
avatar
Kyraeu

Number of posts : 31
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  MBPikamon on 22nd September 2008, 7:34 pm

Well, we are currently only on day one. The only information we have are slips, mod info, and what we give out ourselves. So, there are goin to be alot of questions. Personally, my main questions are what you would kinda expect.

Is PE actually a tracker?

What is the setup? (Don't expect an answer for this though, just speculating at it's answer)
avatar
MBPikamon

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  ClockworkRuse on 22nd September 2008, 7:40 pm

werdna0418 wrote:im not completly sure about this pe tracker claim! but im not ready to possible lynch a tracker my whole thing is why would pe claim if he has no idea if there even is a protector role...

Just a short while ago, before we have to deal with these 'lost posts', you were voting for PE. And sadly, my questions are gone. So I'm just going to have to ask new ones.

Werna, is this your first time playing forum mafia? Why were you so set on PE before and changing your mind now?

PE, forum mafia is really different from Epic Mafia. On EM, you kind of have to rely on reports but in forum mafia, you have a lot more to go off of. There are a lot more tells, there is a lot more discussion. We aren't just shooting blindly, we are looking at the play of others and trying to decide if scum would do that.

ClockworkRuse

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  facebook on 22nd September 2008, 9:38 pm

ROGBULLmcAWESOME wrote:
facebook wrote:
Zyrconium wrote:Apologises for the lost posts, Coco brokest the forums....

Its alrite. Coco volunteered to create this forum. We play here for free. What more can u ask for? Wink

Amagash! Obv-attempt to hide something! Clearly she had a major scumtell in lost posts.

oh. got caught! xD
avatar
facebook

Number of posts : 28
Age : 26
Location : HK
Registration date : 2008-09-07

View user profile http://www.epicmafia.com/user/index/2932

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  CocoKiller on 23rd September 2008, 7:10 am

I might agree with PE thou, shoot first, ask later is not a good idea, maybe we should thing about it

UNVOTES
avatar
CocoKiller
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile http://Epicmafia.com fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  Litral on 23rd September 2008, 8:45 am

Holy crap this started.

I'll read and post tomorrow, with the computer I'm using I can barely post.
avatar
Litral

Number of posts : 111
Age : 29
Location : HK
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  werdna0418 on 23rd September 2008, 10:09 am

ROGBULLmcAWESOME wrote:But, we have a ML! surely with those terms you understand our plight!

yes we have a mislynch but we dont want to kill or out power roles therefore we shouldnt lynch i am going to have to agree that nolynching is best and


UNVOTE

werdna0418

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  ROGBULLmcAWESOME on 23rd September 2008, 12:49 pm

Yes I'd like a fast car and a blindfold please.

Once again this isn't EM, you don't wait around for reports. You ACT! That means you kill someone you find suspicious, not because a possible lyncher claims it to be so, because you are a fan of independant thought.

Any other way is folly because once again; no one has any idea what roles are out there.

With that, I'll make sure my previous vote gets cancelled with the lost pages...

Unvote

Also, Vote Werdna
avatar
ROGBULLmcAWESOME

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  CocoKiller on 23rd September 2008, 3:30 pm

Oh gawd I am so naive and influencable
now I feel like bandwagonning against wernda, thou rogbull sound suspicious too
I'l flip ze coin.

flip

flip

flip

drop it, ah damn it, i'l try again

flip

flip

flip

flop in my hand


okay

VOTES WERDNA
avatar
CocoKiller
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile http://Epicmafia.com fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  ghostwriter520 on 23rd September 2008, 4:36 pm

Wow... totally forgot the link to this site...

So, yeah, what's with the bandwagon on werd? For all you all know, I could be, probably am, and will say that I am, simply vanilla blue, not some kind of daycop. By the way, playing games with daycops in them is fucking weird. They make things awkward... But yeah...
avatar
ghostwriter520

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  ClockworkRuse on 23rd September 2008, 6:56 pm

CocoKiller wrote:Oh gawd I am so naive and influencable
now I feel like bandwagonning against wernda, thou rogbull sound suspicious too
I'l flip ze coin.

flip

flip

flip

drop it, ah damn it, i'l try again

flip

flip

flip

flop in my hand


okay

VOTES WERDNA

And I'm going to FoS you for this. =D

Werd definitely deserves our attention, but to start a bandwagon this soon wouldn't be a good idea. I'd much rather Werd answer my questions.

What are you reasons for the wagon?

ClockworkRuse

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  jayfin3 on 23rd September 2008, 11:23 pm

Well hey guys! Howdy doo da and all that. My life is excellent and all that as well. Smmooches

So...i realize I am grossly retardent etre ici, yet try as i might, i can find absolutely no fault in myself. My computer just came back from the shop (like 2 fucking weeks late, can you believe it?), and I couldn't access the website on my families computer. So...Im back now though, with presents for all. Rather one present...myself Smile.

To the game...

A le Enemie de Public
Illusions you must have not about the Mafia of Forums. Different it is from the Mafia of Epicness (told this you have been? then attention you must pay, young master)

Much glorious information already have we gathered from our early dawning day. Pushing for NL does PE, and following in his footsteps down the slippery path of the Wagoning Bands do many others (werdna, cocokiller namely) Observe we can the wagoning tendencies, and the reactions to the afore mentioned tendencies. All this and much more must we take into account before deciding our lynch. And lynch it is recommended to do, when, as clockwork has so intelligently noted, surrounded we are by a multitude of various roles, having abilities which knock your socks off, they could Cool

Also, smart it was not to claim your first post. Hopefully knowledge and understanding will come to you as we make our journey into the Forum of Mafia.

Not yet have i collected information of enough size, thus I am forced to react undecidedly in my quest to out the evil players of the game. Wait for more, I must.

jayfin3

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  CocoKiller on 24th September 2008, 9:33 am

Clockwork my dear friend, FoSing me is not the way to go
i am not wagonnig, I flipped a coin!
therefore i can'T be suspiscious

anyway and Jayfin I hope its an restrictedtalk you got there cause if you do that for fun... GRRRR
avatar
CocoKiller
Admin

Number of posts : 86
Location : Montreal
Registration date : 2008-09-05

View user profile http://Epicmafia.com fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  Litral on 24th September 2008, 10:02 am

Two posts. First, response to some posts I picked up while reading. Second, questioning some players I feel are questionable.

PublicEnemy wrote:I'm going to claim D1. I'm Tracker. Um, not sure about what I should do but, I think the Cop(s) or other investigative roles should stay quiet. Not sure how many protective roles we have.

I vote for NL D1 if possible.

PublicEnemy wrote:I'm definitely Tracker. If I were a somewhat "defender" role, I would not put myself on the podium D1. I may be somewhat new to Forum Mafia, but I'm not stupid.

Let's say you're town and the tracker. Let's say we NL. Let's say there IS a protective role, because if there isn't, you're screwed. What stops the scum from continuously trying to kill you (if you aren't scum yourself)? If they fail, they reach what happened in D1 with not much of a change (even if you track them), but it's very likely they succeed. What if the protective role is blocked? What if there isn't one?

What advantage does claiming give you? A protective role, if existent, would know that supposing the scum kill randomly, protecting you will give the greatest advantage (there's a lot of WIFOM as to this, so I assume the scum will kill randomly, we can argue this if you want). They would be tied up. But you- you could do a lot with your role WITHOUT actually claiming. You could stick to people who you have guilty investigation results on. You could protect people who you know are innocent (or at least lynchers). Why claim?

EM is different from this in that EM always has an OPEN setup. That makes claiming advantageous in that people can't counter-claim exactly. But like hell we know there's even an actual tracker, maybe the only anti-town guys are lynchers so there's no need of a tracker, maybe there just isn't one.

The argument you aren't a defender role doesn't mean you are the tracker, and there's a lot of WIFOM in this.

My thoughts on why you claimed tracker? You're a lyncher and you're looking for the opportunity to lynch someone. But you don't want to die before that.

I'm not going to vote you though, because it makes no sense to vote out someone who claimed tracker without any other good reason.

MBPikamon wrote:Personally, here is my idea on what this setup holds.

2 Mafia (Role Unknown)
1 Tracker
1 Cop
3-5 Lynchers
3-5 Townies
Rest-????

You seriously need to explain why you think this way. For example, what I think is that there are maybe 6 or 7 lynchers. Why two mafia? There are far too many players for two mafia to have any chance of winning. Generally the rule is "total number /4" or "/5". Maybe you have access to restricted information?

ROGBULLmcAWESOME wrote:How the hell can you people think bandwagoning is a good idea when everyone hasn't talked yet.
Here I am trying to get conversation started with some pure Rogbull laughter, and I backfires after what? an hour? 2?

Get a grip on the game guys. DO IT, DO IT NOAW!

Eh, early bandwagons get reactions. Don't fret, we always eventually have good reasons for lynching.

MBPikamon wrote:So, are we going to go by usual EM tradition and lynch quickly? XD
Hopefully not.

PublicEnemy wrote:If someone has a REALLY good reason why we should lynch, then fine. But surely we shouldn't just lynch because it's the "Forum"way? I know you could say, "But PE! Don't NL just because that's the EM way!" but a NL just seems more logical to me. What you guys are doing is employing a "Shoot first, ask questions later" method, and I'm not for it.
Again, the difference between the Forum and EM is that in EM you get open setups so you exactly know what to do. For example, we nolynch when there's an even number left with no killer, we generally lynch with scumtells if there's an odd number left, etc. But we have no idea if there are any killers here, if there's a vig, etc. etc. Eventually no-lynching only benefits the scum because the scum kills by night and the town kills by day; we abandon our kill right. The problem with nolynching is that before we could rely on investigative results; when they get a guilty on someone, it becomes obvious when that guy sort of stutters and makes up a bizarre story, becoming all paranoid, etc. since they have no time to make up a story. This does not happen in forum mafia, you'll find it's much more difficult to rely on investigations, so NL has no advantage for us.

CocoKiller wrote:Clockwork my dear friend, FoSing me is not the way to go
i am not wagonnig, I flipped a coin!
therefore i can'T be suspiscious

anyway and Jayfin I hope its an restrictedtalk you got there cause if you do that for fun... GRRRR
You flipped a coin on who to wagon >.<
avatar
Litral

Number of posts : 111
Age : 29
Location : HK
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  Litral on 24th September 2008, 10:17 am

PE: I don't understand, why did you tell other roles to stay quiet while YOU claimed?

WillianGallis wrote:Changing vote

Vote: PE. Claiming this early without a report and telling other investigative roles to stay quiet for the LULZ.

MBPikamon wrote:Ello everyone.

... Publicenemy claimed. Day 1. In a forum game. He is either scum faking to prevent a lynch, used to em, or... used to EM.

Vote: PublicEnemy
I don't like that PE claimed earlier, but lynching him for it? What difference would it make if he claimed at the verge of being lynched, would you still lynch him? In the latter case there are actually more scumtells on him, now there are fewer, so if you wouldn't lynch a tracker when they're about to be lynched, why when they aren't about to be lynched?

wsteyer wrote:Vote rogbull: shrug. He seems as good a choice as any.
As good a choice as any is not reason for voting. Does this mean you're voting just because you want to bandwagon? IGMEOY: wsteyer

ROGBULLmcAWESOME wrote:Fun thing is, if you are forced to claim, you an spout all the nonsense you want! Who's going to question you being the Queen of England?
It's called "good judgment". Razz What would you say if I claimed NK-immune miller vig?

Kyraeu wrote:
monkey5476 wrote:Unvote:Rog, Vote:Kyreau

Everyone read his posts...they're very scummy. He began to say one thing then completely changed his mind and went for a nl.

Yes, I fully realize that I changed my mind. And I won't run in circles trying to say I didn't just to "save face" or whatever.

Actually, I further changed my mind in posts that were lost. It went something like this:

If we NL now, when will we stop NLing? As soon as a power role comes out with a guilty? That won't work; we'll have lynchers faking left and right. Really, it just doesn't seem like a feasible option.

Yes, I've flipflopped. And that is one of the classic scumtells. But I'd rather do what I think makes sense than "stay the course" because changing your mind immediately puts you under suspicion. I naturally change my mind quite easily when I have new realizations.

I admit, monkey5476, that you do have a point. However, I'd say you're reaching a bit far to say I'm "very scummy".
You're lucky I agree completely with your take on NL. Flipflopping is only a scumtell, in my opinion, if people do it unconsciously. It tells us they don't have an actual stance like townies should, they're just pretending they have one. Do you still think this way now?

Eh, this forum is bad for post-by-post analysis...
avatar
Litral

Number of posts : 111
Age : 29
Location : HK
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  jayfin3 on 24th September 2008, 10:27 am

CocoKiller wrote:

anyway and Jayfin I hope its an restrictedtalk you got there cause if you do that for fun... GRRRR

Nope. No current PRs that i know of...

Oh, and another reason why NLing is bad in forum mafia, even if we lynch a townie D1, is that we can use the lynch info and see who voted who, when, and why. It's all very useful info.

Litral's got some good questions and advice there. Nice contribution, mate

jayfin3

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  Litral on 24th September 2008, 10:29 am

MBPikamon wrote:What is the setup? (Don't expect an answer for this though, just speculating at it's answer)

I think I should be giving my thoughts in an individual post. This is not a significant question, actually, because more often than not it will mislead us, so I will not give an actual speculation of the setup; I will be noting, however, some points.

I think there are way more mafia than you guys think. It's a general rule that the number of mafia is number of players /4 or /5 if there is one group. I finished two huge games, one was 22 players 5 mafia in one group, one was 19 players 9 mafia (but in 4 separate groups). They're extreme examples, two different mafias with like 3 members each happens too. The fact that this game is a lyncher game probably means there are fewer mafia, I'm thinking different groups actually because suppose there are 4 mafia, 5 lynchers, then 9 of us here want to lynch townies... that's very bad. But if there are two different mafias then they still want to lynch each other.

The lyncher role? Lynches town-sided guys, probably, like EM, because otherwise the town would be punished for lynching correctly, which makes no sense. I think there are 5. 3 are needed for the game to end but they can be killed easily, so 5 or 6 is reasonable, probably 5. Also, lynchers should be treated like mafia; they want to lynch townies and they have no reason to contribute.

I can offer no thoughts on whether or not there are other third-party roles. I think we should be prepared for those, that's all. Similarly no thoughts about standard town-sided roles... except that we probably have a vig who can take care of people they think are lynchers or scum. I also think we have a lot of town-sided roles, and few townies, since we have a lot of guys who want to kill us.
avatar
Litral

Number of posts : 111
Age : 29
Location : HK
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  spindrift on 24th September 2008, 5:25 pm

Yeah in a 21 man game 5 mafia sounds about right... and since lynchers count as third party roles im assuming only one lyncher possibly two otherwise it would be too hard to lynch correctly.
avatar
spindrift

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  ROGBULLmcAWESOME on 24th September 2008, 6:18 pm

Mmmmmyeah Spin, other then ofcourse the fact that it's LYNCHER mafia... And that they win by lynching their targets.... Which they should lynch 3 of to win if I read correctly.... So mmmmmmyeah let's assume there are atleast 5 lynchers? That really lowers the mafia membership cards being distributed.
avatar
ROGBULLmcAWESOME

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lyncher Mafia Day 2(Poor jayfin, alas I knew him..... a little)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum